- What is your Lot zoned as?
- Is your lot in the City or the country?
- How large can you build? (building pocket, set backs)
- Can you have a secondary suite? (For garage and basement suites)
- Rear or Front garage? Where will the driveway be located?
- Are there other existing structures on the lot? Sheds, garages, workshops, desks, pergolas? These can impact the size of your new home if you wish them to stay.
- Maximum height allowed?
- Landscaping – do you want to avoid cutting down any mature trees? Does your property have a right of way?
- New home will have a deck? Covered or uncovered?
Your Community guidelines
- Infill properties – the City may need to take into consideration sight lines and privacy from your neighbouring lots
- Is your neighbourhood part of a Mature Community Overlay?
- What is the style of your neighbourhood?
- What will the permit process cost? Engineer stamps and fees? Project Management fees?
- What exterior finishes will we use? How many different exterior finishes will be used?
- How large will we build?
- Will your home have simple vs complex roof lines?
- Will your home have standard or luxury height ceilings?
- What windows and doors will be used?
- Energy efficiency?
Your Time Line
- When do you want to start building / break ground?
- How long will your design take? How long will your permit approval take?
- Are there lead times on material currently?
- Are you planning on applying for permits during a busier period?
Your Personal Style
- What design style will your home follow? You can explore your style at the bottom of our homepage.
- Does your home express your personality?
- Is this design trendy or is it something that truly resonates with you?
- Is your design cohesive and harmonious?
- Single, Young Family, Age in Place, Multi-generational?
- Do you want to create income generating space?
- Do you need to accommodate a family member with reduced mobility or special needs?
- How long do you see yourself living in this home? Do you have young children and want a home that can grow with a growing family? Do you want to have space for future needs?
- Is there enough storage?
- Is the design practical and timeless?
- Is the design well suited to the current real estate market?
- Is there resale marketable assets?
- Is there enough natural light?
The Construction of your Home
- A well designed home is not only beautiful, but it is buildable. Our expertise take current building codes, and industry best practices into consideration. This ensures your project is built right.