FAQ: Permits and Drawing

Lots of questions arise when designing a home
– let us provide some answers!

Concerning Permits:

Owners are responsible for submitting and liaison with the Municipality Permit Office.  We do provide a Project Management service if you would like SH/FT to liaison with engineers and the permit offices.

Drafting: Everything you need to know

There are 2 phases to the drawing process:

  • Design Phase – In this phase we explore the design constraints of your project using your lot’s RPR and Municipality zoning restrictions.  We also discuss your wishlist and design style and begin to create a rough floor plan and front elevation.   Clients are able to provide feedback on the design until they are satisfied and then once approved the next phase commences.
  • Permit Drawing Phase – In this phase the technical information is added to the drawings.  Clients are able to review the entire drawing package to ensure they are pleased with the final design.

Why SH/Ft?

I am not, I am a graduate of the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology’s Architectural Technologist program.  Under the 2019 National Building Code I am permitted to provide drafting services for residential buildings.